Postponed

We were nervous about Patrick having surgery with the congestion and cough he has had this week, but his lungs have been clear so on Tuesday they cleared him for surgery. This morning, however, once the anesthesiologist checked him out and discussed it with the surgeon, Dr. Nigro, they recommended that we postpone. We want it to be as safe as possible, so it makes sense to wait until his cold clears up. Coughing and increased pressure on the lungs are definitely not what we want for Patrick while he recovers from having his pulmonary artery (which takes blood to the lungs) messed with, among other things.

We have an appointment to meet with Beth on Tuesday, the 11th and we’ll go from there to reschedule. It’s a bit of a roller coaster but this will be best for Patrick. It has been awesome to have such an outpouring of support–thanks everyone!

Here are some photos from Braden’s ipod–taken in ped’s pre-op and the O.R. waiting area this morning.

Advertisements

One thought on “Postponed

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s